Monday, 24 December 2012

In our campervan

Just picked up the van
I am now out of hospital and so far have had lots of brilliant days. We are travelling south to Dunedin. On the first night, still on the north island, we stopped at a campsite in Rotorua. It was quite late so we didn't get a chance to look around. It was our first time sleeping in the camper van. Me and Lara are sleeping in a little upstairs bit. We have to climb up a ladder to bed.
Our den bedroom
On Saturday, we drove all the way to the ferry in Wellington. It was a 3 hour crossing fron the north island to the south. When we got off the ferry, daddy then drove us through the night to Kaikoura. We camped by the side of the road. We were all exhausted. Sunday morning we drove into Kaikoura town and we went food shopping and then found a campsite. The sun came out and Lara and I went swimming. There were 3 pools. Two were really warm and the big one was really cold. Here's a picture. 
Cool pool at Alpine Pacific campsite


In the afternoon, mummy took us on a 3 hour walk just to find a sandy beach. We had across a river. Dad was too scared paddle so he tried to jump, but failed and his foot landed in the river! At the end of our walk, there wasn't even a sandy beach. We got a taxi back to the campsite and the driver said we'd walked straight past it! It was quite funny!

At night time, me and Lara went back into the swimming pool, then dad made us a barbecue. It was small but very yummy.

I have really enjoyed being in Kaikoura. Today we have a huge journey, all the way to Dunedin. I'm looking forward to seeing uncle Nick and everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Seb. Glad to hear you are feeling much better and it is brilliant that you are out of hospital. I like looking at your photos and the camper looks really good! Sorry you didn't find the beach! Tomorrow is Christmas and I am very excited. I am going to help mummy make mince pies now so, Happy christmas to the Marsh family - enjoy. Love Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Seb, Lara, Sally and David
    Just to wish you all a happy, warm (We're so not jealous) christmas from the Nobles x Really pleased you are feeling better Seb. Gus was going to reply to you today but has been so busy he's now fallen asleep! Donna x

    ReplyDelete